Key #4 – Delivery
The final key to securing pupillage is delivery.
We don’t mean deliver at interview – that’s obvious. It means delivering from day 1 – from your first day as an LLB or GDL student.
- Chalk up a number of different extracurriculars each year and fully exploit the opportunities they present.
- Go to networking drinks. Go to events at your Inn.
- Do the research properly for each set you apply to.
- Think through what you have to offer. This means getting to know yourself and being honest about your strengths and weaknesses (and identifying areas where you can improve).
- Draft and re-draft your application form.
- Take advantage of any and every mock interview.
- Take feedback on board.
- Keep improving your pitch.
Without wanting to be a downer, many candidates *think* they are doing all these things but aren’t. And that’s just one reason why they won’t have succeeded at obtaining pupillage yet.
Do the work required to put yourself in the best possible position to get pupillage
If you do all these things, you’ll find that you’re very likely to deliver when it truly matters.